Wednesday, March 17, 2010

We interrupt this blog to bring you BREAKING NEWS

Those of you who have been following my blog from the beginning know that I've been writing in past tense all along, since I started blogging 3 months after my diagnosis and ensuing surgery. But, just for today, I want to bring you current news because I'm in a celebratory mood!

Today I had my 4th and final chemo treatment. That's right. I am done. Fini. Kaput with chemo.

In a few weeks I'll start getting nuked when my daily radiation treatments begin, but the only side effects radiation offers are fatigue and sunburn. I can handle that.

So, today through the next 21 days, toxins will be traveling through my system, deploying their search and destroy talents, for the very last time. And then my hair can start on its return journey and my immune system can start rebuilding and my life can return to whatever it deems normal.

Excuse me while I go celebrate with some good old antioxidants like broccoli and berries and cheesecake (if the latter isn't an antioxidant, it should be).

Woohoo!

Sandi

No comments:

Post a Comment