Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Graduation Day

The thermometer popped up and this turkey is done. I even have a Certificate of Achievement to prove it. There was no cap and gown. Just the usual smock with one snap at the top. Not a very festive garb for such a momentous (to me anyway) occasion.

Here's how it reads:

Certificate of Achievement awarded to Sandi Stevenson for successful completion of Radiation Therapy. Recognition deserved for Punctuality, Cooperation, and Positive Attitude.

And it's signed by all the gals who took such good care of me every day for 38 days. I was pretty impressed by the awesomeness that apparently is me until I realized they probably give the same certificate to those who are late, combative and ornery.

Oh well. The important thing to celebrate here is that the saga that began with a not-so-fun discovery seven months ago is now complete. Just like LOST and 24, it has had its finale. And while I thought both of those final episodes were terrific, this one ends even better.

No more expressway dashes. No more ducking out of meetings because I have an appointment to keep. No more apologetic utterances of "Gotta go. Can't stay..." as I flee work.

Wait a minute. What am I celebrating? I no longer have any excuses why I can't be the last one out of the building.

I believe I have just tanked my positive attitude. But, I still have the certificate.

No comments:

Post a Comment