Sunday, April 18, 2010

Meet me at the oasis -- a mere 1400 miles down the road

On Friday, April 2, I completed the last, and most boring leg of my trip from Florida -- I-65 through Indiana and into Chicago, while Jeff was completing the most boring leg of his trip from Arizona -- I-55 through the cornfields of Illinois.

I did discover something new in Indiana that had sprung up since the last time I had traversed the state -- a still-in-progress wind turbine farm north of Lafayette, IN. Hundreds of them in action and several yet-to-be assembled that were lying on the ground. What a sight!

I arrived at the Hinsdale oasis 20 minutes before Jeff and then followed him to Northbrook where we dropped off his customer's car. He rode home with me, where he picked up my car and we delivered the Florida customer's car to his home in Palatine. Job well done. My vacation was over, but the weekend was still ours.

On Tuesday morning, I would visit the radiology department in preparation for my first radiation treatment. But for now, I was treatment free. Chemo was behind me, radiation was yet ahead of me.

Can't think of a better way to end a vacation than that -- other than just plain not ending the vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment