Thursday, January 7, 2010

I don't like the way this feels

Supposedly, a cyst, when examined by a doctor, will roll away from their touch and feel like a grape. My lump, as it would turn out, was more like a tangelo. In size and feel. My doctor said, "I've got to say I've got a bad feeling about this. Let's get you in for a mammogram and ultrasound." Good as her word, she got me scheduled within 3 hours. So, my melons got flattened into pancakes and then I had a very revealing ultrasound. I could see it on screen. It kind of looked like a lizard. Or an arrowhead, at one angle. It was an odd feeling, looking at my own personal weapon of mass destruction. It definitely was not a sweet, innocent grape. This thing looked nasty. It looked malignant. And I wanted it gone. The tech said the doctor would be in shortly. I laid on the table for at least a half an hour and I knew right then. If it was nothing, they would have been back in right away and told me to go home. When the doctor finally came in, she took a look at it herself on screen and then sat down and said, "we're dealing with a cancer here." Okay. No chance it's a cyst then? Nope. All right. Next step? Biopsy.

2 comments:

  1. Sandi, I don't know if I can offer you anything of importance, but you are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are no words...and as you know, I'm almost never at a loss. Know that you have been a role model and mentor to many women and we are all here to support you now. In our thoughts, our hearts and our prayers.

    You are strong, brilliant, loving and above all a bright, bright light of love and laughter...the absolute formula for the cure.

    This blog is a perfect idea - you are so brave. And, I've just been inspired to go get a mammogram for the first time! You may have just saved my life.

    All my very best to you Sandi. I'm thinking of you and sending positive healing energy your way!

    Loreen

    ReplyDelete