Thursday, January 7, 2010

Is this a peanut?

Trick or Treat? I discovered the lump on Halloween weekend. We were going to a party that night. Jeff was dressed as the M&M. I was the M&M Peanut because, sadly, the M&M costume was too tight on me. We had a snack before we left and I brushed off the interminable crumbs that always land on the "shelf" and one didn't brush away. It felt like a half a peanut under my shirt. Further examination revealed it wasn't under my shirt, it was under my skin. I had a lump in my right breast. Had to be recent, because every day I have to brush off the detritus from 3 squares a day and I surely would have felt it before. We went to the party, had a great time and toward the end of the evening, I whispered to my best friend, the hostess, that I had just found a lump. We had just been at her mother's house the weekend before, playing games as her mother recovered from her own recent breast cancer treatment. It was a double whammy for my friend, but nobody had a fresher idea of what I was about to experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment